For some spooky fun check out these previous posts:
Today, here's some more information about the Lordaeron video.
You may notice:
- On the way IN - there are (apparently) no ghosts in the courtyard
- But on the way OUT - the ghosts show up
What's with the ghosts?
- Who are they? - They're Citizens of Lordaeron.
- Why are they there? - Check out this Warcraft III Footage in which Arthas must kill the Citizens of Lordaeron. They had contracted a plague that would turn them into servants of Mal'Ganis. Arthas killed them before Mal'Ganis could to prevent this.
- How can you see them? - Find a friendly neighborhood Warlock to cast "Detect Invisibility" on you. Voila. They they are.
I didn't have a Horde Warlock of a level high enough to "Detect Invisibility" so I had to ask around for one. It took a while to get someone to do it.
The discussion in General Chat was pretty much like this:
"Is there a Warlock in Undercity who could cast Detect Invisibility on me?"
... silence ...
Then I waited few minutes to ensure I wasn't becoming a spammer...
"Are there any Warlocks in Undercity willing to cast Detect Invisibility on me?"
... silence ...
It took a while.
Every once in a while someone would tell me to do a /who warlock, but I hate when people do that to me. As a priest I would get cold "tells" all the time and I hated them.
Eventually I got a response:
I explained it was to see the Ghosts in the Lordaeron courtyard and I was summarily laughed at.
After an amount of time I'm not willing to admit to trying my requests in "General" chat, I finally remembered my Cialdini (people will more likely respond when asked individually rather than when asked as a part of a group). So I walked around Undercity until I found a Warlock that looked like I wasn't bothering. Sure enough, he was happy to give me the buff I needed.