Patch 3.0.2 (Link to Blizzards 3.0.2 Patch Page) included the advent of the Inscription Profession. Here are some links to reference material and a few quotes:
- Blizzard's Inscription Page
- Inscription Guide in from the WoW Forums
- WoW Wiki's Inscription Page
- Inscription Guide by El
- WoW Insider posts marked "Inscription"
- Thottbot's Inscription Portal
- wowcrafterstome Inscription Page (mostly a list of glyphs)
Short Video introducing Inscription (by El) 2:15:
Quote from Eyonix on including Inscription in the Patch before the Wrath of the Lich King Expansion:
Regarding Inscription, please note that all Burning Crusade players will be able to select Inscription as one of their two professions and level up to a skill level of 375 with it. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, players who purchase and install the expansion will be able to continue leveling in Inscription and the other professions beyond 375.
- How to Unlearn a Profession to make room for Inscription
- WoW Wiki Vendors Section
- WoW Wiki's List of Inscription Trainers
Quote from Blizzard's Inscription page on Getting Started:
Lastly, when getting started as a scribe, a character should not neglect to purchase a Virtuoso Inking Set from an Inscription Goods vendor. Without this item in his inventory, a scribe will be unable to progress in his craft!
- Glyphs are spell and ability enhancements that can be created by Inscription.
- WoW Insider's Brief Introduction to Glyphs
- Thottbot List of Glyphs
- Jump to the Glyph section of the Blizzard page
- WoW Wiki Glyph Page
Quote from Blizzard's Inscription page re: Glyphs:
Lastly, just as for enchanting or for gems, once a glyph is inscribe to the glyph sheet, it cannot be removed. However it can be overwritten with another glyph should the character wish to change his glyphs at a later date.
Lexicon of Power:
- A glyph created by Inscription requires you to be located next to a Lexicon of Power in order to install the glyph on your character's Glyph sheet.
- Blizzard's Lexicon of Power section of the Inscription page
- WoW Wiki's Lexicon of power Page
Other Ingredients (Vellum, Ink, etc.):
- Most inks require a pigment to create. Most pigments are produced from using the milling on herbs.
- Vellum is made with inscription for Enchanters to make scrolls.
- WoW Wiki Ingredients Page (Milling, Pigments, Ink, Parchment, Vellum)
Quote from Blizzard page on something else a Scribe can do:
A scribe can also create small Darkmoon Faire decks from which they, or others, can get rewards. For more information about the Darkmoon Faire decks that scribes can create, check out our Darkmoon Faire rewards page.