Saturday, April 15, 2006

Crossing the Streams #3 - Podcasts

Crossing the Streams - Part 3 of 4: Sound

I just recently began exploring the world of Podcasts by focusing on World of Warcraft content. But you don't need an iPod to listen to them; any MP3 player (or even Media Player or Quicktime) will do.

There are a lot of podcasts out there but these are two that I've listened to that I thought were worth the time. (Trust me there are those that are not worth your time.)

Recommended:



In fact, I highly recommend Taverncast. I'm addicted to it now. I've been listening to the shows on my way in to work for the past few weeks. I started at episode one and now I'm up to about 15. A couple of players get together and discuss the game over a pint. Or two. The discussion is usually pretty intelligent and I've learned quite a number of play tactics from listening. On occasion they go off topic but usually it's pretty funny. One reason I may gravitate toward them is a) they aren't big into Raids 24/7/365; b) they're over the age of 18; and c) they reference pop culture the way I do.

No comments: