Monday, April 24, 2006

WoW Tip Parade - Unlearn Professions

I hear this question asked in the general channel a lot:

How do I Unlearn a profession?

It's actually very easy and it's free. You can do it at any time and don't need an NPC to do it. First, hit "k" to bring up your Skills sheet and find the skill you want to unlearn. Click it so that it the details for it show up at the bottom. Here's a picture of what it should look like:

Look for the circle with the slash through it in the detailed section (see arrow above). That's the button you use to unlearn the profession. Click it and you'll get this confirmation in the middle of your screen:
Select "Unlearn" and it's official. You'll see a message describing what you just did in your chat box:

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

ty for this :)

Delaney said...

My pleasure. And you're not alone for wanting this information.

When I look at the reasons people come to my blog (via feedburner's site statistics), "unlearn professions wow" (or a variation thereof) is one of the top three searches that bring people here.

In fact, if forced to guess the all time most visited post, I think this is probably it. For example, in the last 30 days this page has had 443 visits.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that info:) rather simple but it helped:P

Anonymous said...

ty.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much. =)

Anonymous said...

I was definitely one of the people looking to unlearn something! Thank you very kindly!

Anonymous said...

This may e an old post (really old), but I can't not thank you.

Thanks!

Delaney said...

It's 2.5 years later (Oct. 2008) and I just checked the stats for this page again. Over the last 30 days this page has had 1,014 visits. More than double the last time I checked.

(I also expect it will go up in these, the initial days of the new Inscription profession.)

Anonymous said...

Thanks from a near-total (though freshly 8th-level) noob :D

Jennifer said...

I got to 80 without knowing how to do this.

I feel like a noob.

Thanks for the help. :P

Warcraft Guide said...

I remember, when I first started playing I could not for the life of me...figure this out either. It seems so simple now that I've grown in my WoW career. That just goes to show you though that no information regarding WoW goes unnoticed and sometimes it's the simple things that help the most. Thanks for this post. Good to see somebody still cares.

Anonymous said...

Thanks alot for info... Now finaly i get rid off my enchanting :S

OGRastamon said...

Another 2 years have passed since your last comment, Delaney, and WoW has still not made this information self-evident. Good news for your blog, eh? Thanks. :)

Schuldig said...

thank you for posting this. i've wanting to get rid of tailoring for ages and didn't know how. now i can.

Anonymous said...

amazing that searching this in WoW help brings up pretty much nothing!

Anonymous said...

update time! :D its kinda outdated ^^'