Monday, May 07, 2007

Selling the Scourge Dog

This is the kind of World of Warcraft Merchandising I was thinking of:


Maybe it's because I just got back from a trip to Universal Studios Orlando, but everywhere I go, I see Spiderman and Shrek products. Obviously these are movie tie-ins, but none-the-less they're everywhere. This is the kind of stuff I've been brainwashed to zombie-click over to the nearest store and buy or stop at the nearest burger joint for the contest piece on the cup.

So..., if they can make a Spiderman i-Dog, aka the the Spi-dog (seriously, I'm not making this up):


...then could there be an Undead i-Dog? The "Un-Dog" might be modeled as follows:



And one little tweak to this Shrek Doll - and Voila - he's an Orc Doll:



When you pull the string, instead of saying "Donkey!" he says "Zug, Zug!"

Come to think of it, the one item I would pay money for is probably the Murloc doll. Pull his string and he says "Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!"

(I got stumped on how to write the sound and so stole it from my trusted WoW Wiki - which much to my smiling face also has an MP3 of the sound to check it against.)

No comments: