January 14th - Ordered the Regular Edition from Amazon.com in the evening on January 14th (2 day delivery is free with Amazon Prime).
January 15th - Surprisingly receive an email that says I should get my copy tomorrow. Gotta love the new trend to compete with brick and mortar store - online retailers now ship early so we receive our products on launch day.
- 2:30 pm - Delivered by UPS.
- 2:35 pm - I start installation. 4 discs. Read through the slim "Game Manual" and "Product Catalog."
- 2:47 pm - Completed installation of discs and account upgrade (entering the key).
- 2:48 pm - Watch the Burning Crusade Cinematic (first time for me, I hadn't seen any of them on YouTube). Lol at the sheep; I did not see that coming. Definitely worth seeing more than once to catch everything.
- 2:51 pm - Downloaded an update (159 MB) which read as 2.0.3.
- 2:55 pm - Reboot the game.
- 2:57 pm - Download another update (2.82 MB) - 2.05.
- 3:14 pm - After fighting with the firewall finally rebooted again.
- And now the fun begins - creating new characters!