Sunday, July 08, 2007

Do You Want to Play a Game?


Well it looks like my appetite for an MMO may be about 2.3 years (the last .3 of which pretty much drags). I say this because this is also about how long I lasted on Star Wars Galaxies.

So after 2 enjoyable years, I've decided to make my way out of the WoW Universe, solidified this time by my actually cancelling my account.

Account:
One of the things I learned through the cancellation process is that Blizzard's current policy is to retain characters of cancelled accounts on the servers. So if I ever want to start playing again I can. Here's what they said:

Keep in mind that your account and characters are retained indefinitely in case you decide to return.



The same information can be seen on the wowbilling FAQ regarding accounts with no payment plans in place.

Blog:
I still have a few more posts up my sleeve of +1 to blogging which I hope you'll stick around to see.

p.s. The post title, "So long and thanks for all the fish" was already used by too many people wittier than me so I decided to go with the above Wargames quote ~~ slightly less used in the online world but wholely overused in my RL world by a sibling I suspect is making fun of my gaming time. Doesn't matter though, because I finished Command and Conquer 3 before him so take that!

No comments: