Thursday, September 14, 2006

Blog Back Office

What's Coming:
At some point over the next few weeks I will be tweaking the blog's back office. In the end it shouldn't be much different. However, in case I break the feed or such I wanted to give readers a head's up. If you suddenly stop seeing posts, don't worry, I haven't gone AWOL.

Here's what I'm planning (more a list for my benefit):

  • Merge all feeds (e.g. Atom) into the feedburner feed (In this attempt I am most likely to break the feed)
  • The above should also provide some stability to the pictures that I noticed aren't showing up in bloglines
  • Add a site meter
  • Contemplate a Blog Name Change
  • Turn some of the NPC Commercial Breaks into Parody Ads in the sidebars
  • Contemplate an email service (by subscription)
  • Add an icon or image to the Feedburner Feed
  • Review the Feed Flare on the Feedburner Feed

What I've Already Done:
Have you noticed these updates already on the Blog Homepage?

  • A link to The WorldofWarcraft Blog Store which is a collection of World of Warcraft Products available at Amazon (also pops up items from your wishlist if you have one)
  • Constantly updating News on the World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade from wowbreak.com
In the meantime anyone who doesn't use the Feedburner Feed may wish to subscribe to it now: Subscribe. Want to know more about feeds? Check out this post.

Thanks for being patient with me if things go haywire.

p.s. If I see problems I'll reset everything by the beginning of October.

ALL YOUR BLOG ARE BELONG TO US - WoW

No comments: