Sunday, October 01, 2006

2006-October Events

As I mentioned, September was a yawner but October looks like it's going to shape up twice as nice! Hallow's End has always been full of fun little content and decorations. But with the Harvest Festival thrown in as well it's going to be a busy month. Too bad this is a terrible time for me at work!

From the Events Calendar for October:

EventDates
Harvest FestivalTue October 3 - Mon October 9
Darkmoon Faire (Elwynn)Mon October 9 - Sun October 15
Hallow's EndWed October 18 - Wed November 1*
Call to Arms: Warsong Gulch!October 6 - October 9

Call to Arms: Arathi Basin!

October 13 - October 16
Call to Arms: Alterac Valley!October 27 - October 30


During a Call to Arms, emmissaries from that Battleground will be found in the major cities, and honor/faction rewards for performing objectives in that battleground are increased.

* One month ago this was going to run from the 14th through the end of the month. When I checked it again after the Harvest Festival information was released we seemed to lose a few days (now starts on the 18th).

I know it must be tough as a developer to keep dates straight (I blame, but cannot yet prove, copying and pasting of previous year data!) . It just makes it also tough as a player to plan ahead when dates keep changing and :
  1. Holidays are one of my favorite parts of the game, so I want to find time to play them and
  2. I also have to juggle real life needs (In this case getting a ton of work done before November 1st). The good news for me is that I have to travel to a conference the second week of October. Luckily that's during the Darkmoon Faire which is around every month.

I'm also going to try to watch when Hallow's End actually ends. Does it matter that October 31st is a Tuesday? Will it be effective on November 1st or not in effect on November 1st? (I think I would read it as in effect on that date an I think Blizzard means it won't be.)

No comments: